The importance of being consistent in business in 2023
"Consistency isn't about being perfect. But when it comes to your marketing, a consistent approach definitely helps"
There are some obvious benefits to being consistent, both online and offline.
- How regularly do you publish an update on Social Media?
- What day of the week do evaluate your marketing activities?
- What day of the week do you send your newsletters?
- How often do you review your brand online/offline?
What are the benefits of consistency?
- Brand credibility - more people will know, like and trust you
- Measuring your success - being consistent means that you can review certain tactics or activities over a set period of time. By doing something consistently, you can easily evaluate how well you're doing over a set period. This point is definitely relevant to your objectives also
- Reinforcing your key messages - assuming that you already know your target audience, how you say, what you say and when you say it is important. Being consistent in your marketing is critical for getting that message across
- Keeping you connected - having a consistent approach ensures people have a connection with you. Consider emails for example, or when you publish a video online. Having a consistent 'rhythm' ensures you stay visible.
I understand how frustrating it can be juggling a lot of balls in business. And this is why it is important to monitor your own success and work on areas for development too!
Things to consider for a consistent approach:
- Manage your own expectations.
- Set yourself time to tasks. Get a routine.
- Allocate sufficient resources (time, budget and people)
- Stay motivated
- Walk the talk
- Adopt a positive mindset as much as possible. Have a "can do" attitude
- Set realistic objectives and invest time/money to create your marketing action plan
- Remember baby steps are better than no steps
- Avoid getting distracted by other people or unimportant tasks.
10. Remember WHY you need to be consistent
"Don't beat yourself up about it. You may have the odd days when you do nothing you set out to do!"
Do you find it a challenge to be consistent?
Invest in a marketing coach or mentor. My coaching clients see transformational results from week ONE! I've been thrilled to see the results from my clients in terms of their business transformation and marketing activity. Speak to me if you would focus and we can discuss how your business can benefit from my support.
Consistency is key!
REMEMBER - feedback and monitoring is critical in business. So to track the success of your consistency, make sure you ask for and welcome feedback on your products/services from potential and existing customers.
Speak to me
If you'd like to know more about how I can work with you, speak to me. I have clients who have had great results as a direct result of joining my coaching programmes.